Monday, March 28, 2011

Happily Ever Now

by Jason Mraz on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 10:33pm

Do not despair. Do not be disappointed if you see that you cannot accomplish all the good which you would like to accomplish. If you fail, try to stand up; try to overcome the obstacle before you. Get to the heart of the matter, to the essence of things.

-Thank You Marcus Aurelius

It is a CONSTANT practice to not make myself WRONG for nearly everything I do. For oversleeping, for not speaking up, for wasting water, for buying gas… which reminds me. My friend Bushwalla bought gas for 1.39 the other day! Whoa really?! Where? …Taco Bell he said.

I miss the days of ignorance, before I’d seen any documentary about fuel, famine, flood, war, or food (farmed, packaged, or of the mystery meat variety.) I miss the blissful touring around before having peered at glimpses of an exhausted planet. I miss the view of life I used to have before making up new possibilities for sustainability. It is due to these new hopeful views that I make myself wrong for anything that isn’t in alignment with… I shant say 'saving the world.' Instead I’ll use, “prolonging our experience on earth.” It is suffice to say, the earth will outlive its inhabitants. So, do we do for each other, or do we do for the whole?

I type this today with hands still smathered in matte medium, a kind of paste/acrylic sealer I use when getting crafty. Below is the collage I made last night during the The Makepeace Brothers with Matt & Avasa Love show. I danced near the side of the stage pulling images from Life and National Geographic magazines and pasted them together to create a cosmic landscape complete with celestial amphitheatre called, Happily Ever Now. We auctioned it off to the sold-out crowd for $800 - all of which went to SuperFoodDrive for the healthy feeding of 4000 people! 
 

My decision to cut back on flushing finds me peeing down the shower drain. If he can't take it outside, invite your man to do the same. ...But where does it stop? Human compostable toilets work great too. Sigh.

I leave you with a Haiku.

We harvest the sun
And we harvest the rainfall
This makes me happy

I drive a hybrid
But prefer to ride my bike
This too makes me gay

When I wake up late
I guess I'm saving the world
By not wasting more

I am that I am
I am love AND the problem
Happily Ever

Now. 

P.S. - Go see the documentary - I AM - In select theatres NOW.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment